Contents of Donor Home Delivery
(donor will not need)
- upon the arrival of Donor Home Delivery store the Test Yolk Buffer and ice pack in the freezer
- save the box and all packing materials for shipping to the Recipient
- leave the syringe in the packaging - you will not need it
- abstain from ejaculation for 2-5 days (but not longer) prior to the Recipient's ovulation
- When the Recipient calls and asks you to overnight the package:
- thaw the Test Yolk Buffer and let it come to room temperature
- ejaculate into the plastic cup provided
- add in all the Test Yolk Buffer, and let it sit for 20 minutes
- WARNING: only add the Test Yolk Buffer if it is fully thawed at room temperature
- WARNING: Do not use the Test Yolk Buffer if it is passed the expiration date on the label
- Be sure to tighten cap of the plastic cup so it does not leak
- put the cup into the zip lock plastic bag and seal
- put plastic bag with cup in it and ice pack inside the insulated box, replacing 6th side of insulation so that the inside of the box is insulated on all six sides
- tape the box securely closed with packing tape, duct tape, etc.
- place 5 cc syringe (unused, unopened) and taped box inside a FedEx Pak bag and seal bag
- ship to the recipient for overnight delivery
- insemination should take place upon arrival of Donor Home Delivery
- if immediate insemination is not possible, store the cup in the refrigerator for insemination later that SAME day. *Do not store in the freezer.
- draw up the yellow mixture from the plastic cup with the 5 cc syringe
- lay down with hips elevated on a pillow and insert the 5 cc syringe into the vagina
- deposit contents as high in the vagina as possible
- WARNING: DO NOT try to put the semen and preservative into your uterus. Donor Home Delivery is for a vaginal insemination ONLY. Intrauterine inseminations (IUI) should be done by appropriately licensed and trained health professionals (midwives, nurse practitioners, physicians).
- remain lying down for at least one hour
Donor Home Delivery does not prevent the transmission of disease.
Note: we use compostable insulation material. Insulation material can be tossed in the green bin or the flower bed! Cardboard boxes can be re-used or recycled.
May you conceive with ease!